Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve Baking

something from scratch, something from a mix!

Coffee Cookies take 2
Coffee Cookies made from scratch..

This is my 2nd attempt at making these.. the first didn't come out near as good (more like brownie brittle.) Recipe calls for 1 cup flour & 1 cup sugar, a cube of butter, 1 egg, and 1/4 tsp of baking soda.. and finally 2 tblsp. of instant coffee.

Cookies still came out flat (despite putting batter in the fridge for a few hours) but at least they taste alright.

Pumpkin Spice Bread (mix)
Pumpkin Spice Bread..

Usually I use a Krusteaz mix from Costco, but SeanYoda brought home a different mix*.. This one doesn't seem to have nuts.. It didn't rise as much as I expected, and I haven't tried it yet.. (don't plan to until my second loaf is finished baking..) You can make a cream cheese frosting for it but I usually serve it without anything. People can put butter or maybe a fruit spread on it if they want, I suppose.

I'll bring these to Christmas Dinner at Sean's older brother's place in the city..

*"Wild Roots" Organic Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread Mix

No comments: