Friday, July 25, 2014

Ohlone Greenway Walk!

One of the walks I've been wanting to do is the entire length of the Ohlone Greenway which runs along the BART tracks from north of El Cerrito/ Richmond south to Berkeley.. a few pocket and city parks lie along the way..

Along with the 'challenge' of doing it.. (it's entire length is less than 6miles despite traveling through 4 cities.. it's northern most point located in Richmond) I wanted to see what was to be seen along the way. I started my adventure Thursday morning by BART-ing to El Cerrito Del Norte, where the Safeway provided a clean pitstop & supply pick up (since moving I've not located my Brita water bottle.)
Ohlone Greenway from El Cerrito
For some of the path the North & South-bound trails are seperate.. but eventually it all becomes one big paved pathway with a small side trail for dogs to run along:
Untitled

Opened in 2010, Bruce King Memorial Dog Park is named after an El Cerrito maintenance/engineer Manager who passed the year before the park opened.
Dog Park Along the Greenway (El Cerrito)


El Cerrito Community Garden is just one of the gardens I passed on my walk:
El Cerrito Community Garden


Codornices Creek "overpass" near the Albany border:
Codornices Creek is here!

Untitled


Nice to know you can get "free air" in Berkeley:
Untitled
Untitled

I *heart* the West Berkeley cows that cross along the Greenway near the North Berkeley BART:
Untitled

Something to be aware of before deciding to do a walk like this:
Untitled
my timing was very good!

The Ohlone Greenway stops and starts on the opposite side of the North Berkeley BART:
Untitled

near Delaware Street:
Untitled

The walk brings you to Ohlone Park on Haste:
Untitled

Here you'll find places to throw a frisbee, have a picnic, sit in a big sun patch, or have some fun with your dog:
Untitled

I ended my walk after taking several pix of the Ohlone Park Mural.. which are in this set ..as well as my Mural set..
Untitled

My route & stats:
Ohlone Greenway Walk
about 5.5 miles..

No comments: