Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rainy St Patrick's Day Protest

St Patrick's Day 2012 showed itself to be a rainy one, with a storm coming through in various strengths throughout the day.


Around lunchtime several LAPD patrol cars zoomed up Main Street to converge somewhere (possibly near City Hall) What later turned out to be an OccupyLA protest was dispersed some tweeted with "unnecessary violence." Since I wasn't there I can't comment on what happened, (we were having lunch with a neighbor friend when LAPD were zooming up the street).

A couple hours later we heard voices chanting.. a small group of protestors were marching down Main Street against the flow of traffic.. I got my iPhone taping just as they passed our building.. sorry about the quality.. I didn't want to open the window since the cats were nearby.

No comments: