I know resolutions don't mean much, other than to be broken. Everyone makes them and then you just watch yourself break them from day one.
Hoping to think a little more positive, I'm going to make a list of challenges for myself that have no start or end date.. more of a guide of things I want to accomplish than 'must do's' and we'll see how far I get the end of the year?
1. More writing! not just here on my personal blog but in general, short stories & perhaps, if I'm lucky some bloggy stuff too!
2. Along with number one, be more active in community events and getting out and seeing more of the events going on in the neighborhood & blogging about them.
3. Start learning my way around the new D60 we got over here & taking more walks around the neighborhood & learning to read the light better.
4. Meander MORE! While I can't guarantee I will go every week, I'd like to see myself going on more LA Bike Meanders.. say twice a month at the least and some other bike adventures.
5. I'm going back on my personal Weight Watcher wagon as of Monday the 5th.. so I'm resolving to weigh in every day on the wii (unless I'm out of town).
6. Reading!! I was lamenting to my buddy Joe (Eureka Poz ) how I've not taken the time to read a thing this year. That needs to change! There's a great list of classic books that Metropolis Books will be reading for their book club this year, and maybe I'll read some! Also I love Charles Dickens, so maybe I'll give Tale of Two Cities another shot? Who knows!? I have a couple news books already I need to get started on, however.
7. Get back to art. Sean got me a great sketch set so I want to take some time and get back to re-learning technique.
I'm sure there's more but I think that's a good start for now.. I'll try and re-visit this post the end of the year. We'll see how I've done in general.
What about you?? Are there any personal growth things you'd like to tackle this year? I'm not talking pounds or miles or number of sales, but in general things you would like to try new or re-try?? The cool thing about new year is that you get another chance to start fresh. It's something to think about I guess.