Friday, March 18, 2016

Library Walk

I had some books due and some I was keen to take a look at, so I headed to the city Friday after lunch.. A librarian at the SF Main branch had recommended I check out the Richmond Branch up near 9th & Geary..

Since my last walk was a success I decided the day was nice enough to walk there.. Oh! but the grade was such that it took me some time!

Exiting the Montgomery BART station, the Hobart Building comes into view:
HOBART

High Tide Cocktails
Daytime Neon.. passing "High Tide Lounge"

Drive-In Burgers
Drive-In..

hill..
this hill kicked my butt..

First Unitarian Universalist
First Unitarian Universalist at Gough & Geary.. I totally got confused by this intersection at Gough.. but managed..

It was a straight shot from here to the library.. just a really long uphill walk. I've decided next time I'll take the bus there and then walk home!

The light wasn't ideal for many of the images I wanted to take, so there's very few.. When you see this next one, you'll see what the issue was:

Senator Milton Marks Library
Richmond Branch SF Public Library.. an amazing selection (considering the availability) of Russian Language reading materials.. Including children's book selections.

Once I got to the library I turned around and found I could see our friend Sutro Tower from the steps of the Richmond District Library.. So of course I couldn't end my post here without including it..
Sutro Tower!

..and yes, I did check some books out. I ran into a super nice, helpful young gentleman librarian who helped me find a couple useful books and pointed me in the direction of some other books I could take a look through. I plan to read and work through over the Spring Break. When I return the books hopefully the sun will be at a different angle (time of day at least) so I can try to shoot some photos again..

I managed to run "Map My Walk" during the Geary from Downtown to 9th portion, so I know I walked well over the 4mi. here (for example: to & from home to the BART station back in Berkeley is a half mile each way, and then after the Richmond library I walked to 20th & Geary and back to 16th & Geary for tea before taking the bus back to Market from 17th..)

Map My Walk Geary 18 March 2016
MAP MY WALK: Geary St. (link to route and elevation w/splits, etc..)

No comments: