Sunday, April 12, 2015

DeYoung Redux

Untitled

Saturday morning I was off to the city to find a couple paintings to write about for my 2nd Art History paper.. It's a long journey to the other side of this tunnel. BART from Berkeley to Powell, then take the #5 to 10th & Fulton (or 8th & Fulton)

I had some paintings to look at so I didn't take much time in the park.. but if there's time to be had it's worth it.


coming out of the 2nd tunnel into a lovely sunny, green music filled day..


Untitled
I didn't actually check out the new installation.. but instead wandered a wing I hadn't visited yet and found a few things I liked. I had a quick treat and then was on my way..


but not before checking out the Keith Haring sculpture I spotted from the cafe..

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I wasn't keen to have to go back out there. I really like the Oakland Museum of California better.. but I had fun this time and took my time taking in more of the pieces there. I hate the commute out there, but found I liked the museum much more the second time around.. although I'm not sure how soon I'll be back. It was a long commute! ;)

No comments: